posted this on December 28, 2012 04:32 PM
This article explains how to reformat your SD card with your HD HERO2.
Note – reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.
We’re going to navigate though the camera’s settings menu to reformat the SD card. To navigate though the menu, use the front (Power) button to move through the various menu options and the top (Shutter) button to select them.
Here are the steps to reformat your SD card with your HD HERO2:
1. Power ON your camera with the SD card inserted.
2. Press the front (Power) button repeatedly until you see the wrench icon on the camera’s screen.
3. Press the top (Shutter) button one time.
4. Press the Power button repeatedly until you see “MORE”.
5. Press the Shutter button one time to select MORE. Next, you’ll see a trashcan icon.
6. Press the Shutter button one time to select the trashcan icon.
7. Press the Power button until “ALL/Format” is highlighted.
8. Press the Shutter button one time to select “ALL/Format”.
9. Press the Power button until “Yes” is highlighted.
10. Press the Shutter button one time to select “Yes”. Your camera’s LED and the trashcan icon will blink to indicate that your SD card is being reformatted.
Once they stop blinking, power OFF/ON your camera, and your file counter should show 00.
Important – take a picture. This confirms that your SD card is successfully reformatted.