posted this on November 25, 2012 10:10 PM
1. Photo Sizes
2. HDMI Connection Type
All HERO3 cameras comply to HDMI spec 1.3aMicro HDMI to Standard HDMI cable is required.
3. Is HDMI live feed out compressed?
HERO3 cameras output uncompressed video over HDMI output. Video is stored compressed on camera but upon playback video is uncompressed and output over HDMI.
4. Image Sensor Size
5. What is the number of pixels I can utilize on the image sensor?
WHITE Edition2592x1944 pixels (5 MP)
SILVER Edition3840x2880 pixels (11 MP)
BLACK Edition4000x3000 pixels (12 MP)
6. Can I use MicroSD cards that use exFAT format?
Yes. All HERO3 cameras support exFAT.
7. Can I use MicroSDHC or MicroSDXC cards?
Yes. Both are supported by all HERO3 cameras.
8. What is the waterproof depth rating on LCD Touch BacPac Backdoor?
The touch backdoor is waterproof down to 3 meters (9 ft).
9. Does the LCD Touch BacPac touch feature work underwater?
No. You need to use the shutter/power buttons.
10. What are the HERO3 Cable Lengths?
HERO3 3.5mm Mic Adapter - AMCCC-301
HERO3 Combo Cable - ANCBL-301
HERO3 HDMI Cable - AHDMC-301
HERO3 Composite Cable - ACMPS-301
11. What is the HERO3 Wi-Fi Frequency?
The White, Silver, and Black Edition cameras' built-in Wi-Fi frequency is 2.4 GHz, b/g.
12. Does HERO3 support PTP Protocol?
13. Can the LCD Touch BacPac or the Original LCD BacPac be set to power off after 60 seconds of inactivity when connected to the HERO3?
14. What is the Receiving frequency, Transmitting frequency, and Output capacity of the built-in Wi-Fi?
We use the 2.4 GHz ISM band for both Transmitting and Receiving which covers frequencies from 2.4 to 2.5 GHz. The output power is roughly 20-40 mW.
15. Pixel Size (in microns):
BLACK Edition 1.55um
Support Software by Zendesk